Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Good News All Around

Yesterday was full of appointments & news that was music to my ears! Went to see an apartment in EO, which, of course, was too good to be true! 4 BR house for $1200, no garage or driveway not even a parking spot! I then picked up my lil Mami to take her to her Oncology appt, where we were told her CA is   not stage 3, but stage 2B! Meaning its treatable & her chemotherapy will be to eradicate her body from microscopic carcogenic cells! Her markers are favorable for chemotherapy, & she will only need 6 cycles of 3-4 hours of chemo treatment every 3 weeks! Yes, there will be loss of hair, nausea, vomiting, & diarrhea- but I now my Mami is up for the challenge. I have been very diligent & busy taking her to all her MDs appointments, but to hear this good news was all worth the energy & a blessing!
Started my 12-hour shifts @ SBMC & when I came in @ 6 pm, was told by my colleague that my PCCs (patient care coordinators) on each unit was looking forward to seeing me tonight! Wow, I really felt good about that news, it's like when my patients @ the Hack ask my colleagues for me when I'm not there; it just  affirms that I am a caring nurse & my patients not only appreciate me, they want me to take care of them again!
My only regret yesterday, was that i did not have the time to exercise. But, I will make up for it another day. & this is what I came home to this morning:
A cold 5 degrees weather it will be one of the last times I have this view, I will be moving into my new townhouse in 3 weeks! I'm excited, scared, anxious & nervous- but anticipating my new life!

No comments:

Post a Comment