Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Adjusting to my new schedule

So, the new year has bought me a new schedule. I now work 2- 12 hour shifts @ both jobs & I have to say it has been a big adjustment! Mondays & Tuesdays you can catch me @ SBMC & Thursdays & Fridays you can catch me @ HUMC. Every third weekend I'm @ HUMC & following that weekend I am on-call for SBMC! So, I currently have 3 days off a week & physically off three weekends a month. I'm still debating doing the Navy-Nurse reserves, which is 1 weekend a month & still have off 1 weekend a month!?!? Not sure if I still want to do it? Maybe, I should just go back to grad school? I really want to finish it & maybe only have to work only 1 job! I already have job offers from my Mom's cardiologist (he sees me @ SBMC) & there are 3 positions open @ HUMC for APN's (on CSICU) & I was told to apply, when I finished! It's nice when people recognize my work ethic, I feel good when people ask me what my next step is & if I can come work for them!
Two of the residents @ SBMC have told me, that I have a resident's schedule & I should consider becoming a physician! I tell them, I don't want to fight for my money with insurance companies, for services that were already rendered; & they look @ me like very puzzled. Fortunately, I have experienced both perspectives of the private sector & facility, so I know better! Both have their pros & cons, for example in a facility you have to deal with the politics of the infrastructure; as for the private sector, you have to make sure you comply with the state's standards & literally fight Goliath (the insurance companies) to get paid for services you already rendered! (definitely have to go back to school, this sounds like an analytical paper!)
Anyway, my new schedule has allowed me to spend more time with my brats, & that has been good for us. I really miss my son, Bebe, & I hope he decides to come back home, our house is not a home without him! I love our weekends together, we try very hard to have Sunday dinners with all of us present. Sasha has been coming home & spending time with us, which is always nice!I have also started cooking more, so I definitely have to invest in allot of kitchenware for my new kitchen, I just hope I have allot of storage area for all the stuff I need!
I still feel like this is not it for my career, I know I am just in the middle of my career ladder & still have a ways to go, I have good feelings about this year for my career. I really like my director & she really encourages me to move upward & forward, she thinks I have potential, & she makes me feel like my destiny is right around the corner & I just have to walk up to it!
As I leave you with images of the women in my life who I care for very dearly- I love them very much- my girls, literally, my daughters & my sisters:





Tonight's quote/image:

I really feel, that all the good news & things that are happening to my family is a new beginning for us. I have this feeling that something big & positive is coming my way! I dream about it & I feel very optimistic  about my life right now, this new townhouse is just the start!

No comments:

Post a Comment