Thursday, January 12, 2012

Exhausted 2 days off

So my past 2 days off I have been @ the Hack with my 2 daughters, Sade had to get an MRI for her chronic back issues & to consider back surgery & Shadasha with acute abdominal pain in the peds ER. As a nurse you always want to make sure your patients are getting appropriate care, as a parent you want to make sure your children are getting the best care promptly. After being in the ER all night Wednesday into Thursday morning & finally being placed into a room, I had to talk to a provider to let us know what the plan of care was going to be for my daughter. So, a resident finally came @ 6 p to tell us there was no surgery planned, due to my daughter's young age. The plan of care was going to be aggressive IV Abx round the clock, serial CBC's & follow up imaging. So, needless to say,  I will be back @ the Hack on Friday to see what our next step is with Shadasha's plan of care. But, before I do that I have to take Blanca (my Mami) to her doctor's appointment to see what her plan of care is going to be. Talk about feeling sandwiched! Taking care of my mami & my kids has been hard, but I am handling it the best way I can. The good thing about the whole Dasha situation is that I got to experience the Hack as a patient & let me tell you it has been a good experience, these are some of the images I would like to share with all of you:




Being a pediatric patient sure has it's perks, the first being a private room with a place for a parent to stay with the patient, the other is a private bathroom with a shower! Gave Dasha a hose down this afternoon, which made her feel 50% better. Tomorrow we are washing her hair! I did get a chance to go food shopping & I got a chance to snap a picture of these 2 little guys, couldn't help myself too cute to pass by:

Being a single parent again does have its challenges & taking care of my sick kids & sick mami has been a constant juggling act, not having somebody to share all of this has been somber. But, I am definitely optimistic about everything in my life & I know that everything happens for a reason. I have become very good @ juggling everything on my plate. I'm thinking I deserve a break this weekend, so as soon as  Dasha gets discharged & Blanca is taken care of, I am off to a spa to treat myself then out on the town with the girls!

No comments:

Post a Comment