Monday, December 26, 2011

To: Mark

Broken:

You have broken our family,
You have broken my faith in men,
You have broken my heart, 
And you have broken my achievements!

The more you break me, the more I see who you truly are.
As I mend myself, I see that no matter how much you break me- I am capable of putting myself back together.
I am resilient, I am capable, I am smart, I am beautiful inside & out! 
And no matter what you think of me- I was loyal, I was faithful, I would never hurt you- like you have hurt & broken me!
As I confront my life, I see that only I have the ability, the strength, the intelligence, the endurance, the faith, the confidence & the resilience to rise above my current situations!
Thank you, for reminding me of who I am & what I am capable of!
As for your "2 cents" its not worth anything to me.
And Kwasi, thank you for restoring my faith in men, I appreciate your honesty (now you know I'm going to harass you for a picture to post on my blog!)

No comments:

Post a Comment