Sunday, December 11, 2011

Recollecting Myself

Sorry that it has been a week since I have blogged. So much has happened & I'm not sure how to express my feelings on what's going on. As you all know last week I disclosed that my Lil Mami was undergoing surgery; my mother's health severity was withheld from me. As I was sitting there talking to the Oncologist & plastic surgeon, it was revealed to me that my Mami does have stage II CA, & has been consulting with them for the past 2 months. Due to my Mom's multiple comorbidities she is not a candidate for radiation therapy & can only receive conservative treatment due to her pace maker & hypertension. To hear all of this minutes before she goes under the knife was overwhelming, but as I sat in the waiting room, what hurt the most, was the fact that my mother kept all this information from me. I know my Mom thought she was protecting me, but what she failed to realize, was that I can handle this news & I could have been an advocate for her when making all these medical decisions. There is nothing that I can do with what has already happen, all I can do is be here for my Mami in whatever manner she needs me.

It has been a very sobering week, as my Mom recovers from her surgery, I realize that my family has to come first & my jobs have to come second. This current situation has bought us closer together, my nephew, Tony, has decided to move back to NJ, & I have decided to set aside Sundays for family dinners. Our first one being tonight & although there were allot of people missing, the gatherings will grow with time. As I leave you- I leave you with images of the brat's birthday celebrations:










 I am slowly reeling in the people I love & holding on to them tightly, we will be depending on each other as we stand by abuela & be here for her. Sasha as always we missed you @ this gathering. I understand it's finals, but family first! Ryan & Anthony, thank you for coming through, enjoyed your company & the intelligent conversation we all shared. Anticipating next week's family dinner! Love you guys!

No comments:

Post a Comment