Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Pushing Through

Hey y'all (Paula Dean voice), It's been a rough week for us in the tri-state area, we had a pre-mature snow storm which caused allot of fallen trees, which then caused a ton of power outages within our area. Needless to say, we have been without power since Saturday- so today is day 4 without power & my house feels like an ice skating rink! Called the landlord to discuss a generator & was told"good luck with that endeavor"! With that being said I am aggressively looking for a new habitat. I also started looking for furniture. I have been picking up extra shifts @ HUMC to try to save for my necessities & my friends @ both jobs have made it their business to help me with this situation. All of my female friends have been looking for place for me to look @ & their spouses have offered to move me on move in day. My male friends have been steering in where to go for manageable rents, 2 of them want me to buy a house; but I don't want to commit to that right now. I was trying to stay in West Orange until Shami graduated high school (3 more years), but not sure if I will find a manageable place. But as all of you that know me I have made arrangements with one of my friends in WO who is willing to let Shami stay with them until he graduates, thanks Kelly- love you.

Let me leave you with images of the before & after of my dilemma:



As for work, it has become my home, I am officially more @ work than I am @ home & the people who  really appreciate it, are my patients, even though, they have asked me if I have a family to go home to- I always tell them, they're the reason I work so hard- so we can have. I will leave you with an image of my work:
Combating ID (for non-medical peeps: infectious disease); after a 2:45 am code blue- whom dehisced during compressions (which I was providing)- I came back to work to a pt with bed bugs! I love my job! SMH

Quote of the day: Change does not roll in on wheels of inevitability, but comes through continuous struggle.- MLK (Thanks Tony)

PS Due to no power, I have been spending more time with the sis- love her to death, she's my rock!

No comments:

Post a Comment