Thursday, November 24, 2011

Double edge sword!/ I believe in you!

First & foremost, Happy Thanksgiving to all of you. As for the title of this blog, I feel like, I have been grateful for being able to work so hard, but, as I work this hard- I realize that my family has been shrinking! I miss those days when the house was full of people & laughter. Those Friday nights, when family & friends came over & we had movie nights filled with good conversations & sometimes family games. I know right now it's not feasible for all our crazy schedules. With work, college & other endeavors, my family has lost insight on what's important. I hate to write it, but I feel like I'm responsible for this dynamic. I have been working so hard just to stay afloat, that I've gotten so used to working everyday & when I don't work I feel worthless. I have forgotten why I work so hard, my family. My mental reminder has been failing me! But here it is:

And although, today, I will be going to work & missing both of my sons (Bebe in NM, & Shami in DE), I hope to spend the remainder of Thanksgiving with the 3 musketeers: Sade, Sasha, & Dasha! I also don't want to forget who is too important not to mention, myself:
This goes to my kids & myself, because we all need to hear it & it's how I feel right now:

I believe in you-
in the things that are important to you & the way you choose to live your life...
I believe you can accomplish anything you set out to do, that you have many talents & the wisdom to use them well...
I believe you have what it takes to overcome obstacles & grow from every experience life brings your way...
I believe in your courage, your compassion, your integrity, & your strength. I believe in your goodness, your love, your intelligence, your skills & your soul! I believe in all that you are-
I believe in you! Each & everyone of you:
Sade, I believe in your diligence:
Sasha, I believe in your compassion:
Shadasha, I believe in your intelligence:
Bebe (Shuan) I believe in your talent:
Shamorr (Shami), I believe in your sentiment:
And Dale (Chris), I believe in you!:
And Mark, I believe there is still some good in you, somewhere:
(& if not, this is how I want to remember you)

And as I pour my soul into this particular blog, I have to mention that I believe in myself, I believe that this time next year my family WILL BE together (minus Mark) & we will have a movie night, enjoy good conversation, play games & start a new tradition!
Enjoy your families & never take them for granted!
Love y'all! (Paula Deen voice)

No comments:

Post a Comment