Saturday, November 12, 2011

Enjoying the different cultures!

So on my last night in the city of brotherly love I enjoyed a movie with my NM brat & had a long therapeutic discussion with my vanilla sista! We talked & she was very honest & concerned for my health, she thinks I work too much; but, for right now, the work schedule has been therapeutic for me. As of January I will definitely be cutting back a day from my work schedule & be able to enjoy my life a little more. I also decided to wait to go back to grad school. I think I will hold off until the girls finish undergrad & maybe go back in the summer or fall of 2012. I share with you some pix of my NM brats:



As you can see Mr. Meade was upset that I was leaving & Ms. Ashby is going to miss "silly Ms. D", as for my Vanilla sista: Holly, I appreciated the 2 days I spent with you & your family- thanks for having me & spending time with me! I miss you guys, but I don't miss NM!

Shifting gears, I rushed back home to support my chocolate sista! We went to NYC to take a tour of her new school FCI (French Culinary Institute)! I am so excited for her. We hit the city early this morning & enjoyed some of the views it had to offer:



 Live @ Union Square, square, square, square, ooooooh what's the matter with your DJ MC Shan,
don't you know that he's out of touch! (for my old hip hop heads)

After a nice long, brisk walk from Union Square to FCI we finally got to our destination:



My sista, Denise, her adventure is about to start! What was so funny, was that the presentation was halted & we were told that the demonstration would include an alcoholic beverage & they thought we were under aged! Too funny, the lady was amazed to find out we were both in our forties! I guess we STILL look young! SMH, what do you guys think:

By the way these are just a few of the creations we saw during the tour:





Now let me show you my sista's skills:










Quote for tonight: In life shit happens, sometimes for a good damn reason!- Denise Milton

No comments:

Post a Comment