Monday, August 6, 2012

Grateful & Blessed

Good afternoon fellow bloggers,

I have been feeling sorry for myself lately, but someone close to me has made me realize I have allot to be grateful for. So, needless to say, I have begun to practice how to increase my happiness by focusing on what I have & not dwelling on what I don't have. So, here I go: I am blessed to have a beautiful family:
My beautiful Mami & daughter, Sasha

My beautiful daughters & nephew: Sasha, Shadasha, Sade, Me & Derreck

even on the phone she's beautiful

Pool time /w my beautiful babies

Kissy faces

Even though my Bebe is not with us I am grateful for him, I love you Bebe & Shami:


I am grateful for my son & dog: Shamorr & Marley:
Although I don't spend allot of time with them I love them /w all of my heart!


My god- daughter, Micah, learning how to play dominoes @ my house:

& I cannot forget my sisters from other mothers, they force me to see my flaws & do better:
Denise, who tells me "Beeitch please! just do it & stop being a weak bitch!"
She really know how to encourage me- I love her to death, 27 years of friendship!

Arlene, my Caribbean sista, that says to me, just have fun, you deserve it- you always worry too much
12 years of friendship


Lils, who always tells me, you can do better D, you have a good heart & deserve the best:
She reminds me that I'm beautiful from the inside & out! 8 years of friendship

Joanna, who always listens to me & says, "No, D, you're better than that, you deserve better"
She is the one who listens & does not judge me- 8 years of friendship

 I can't forget my vanilla sista, who was my buddy when in the middle of nowhere of NM: Holly:
 & continues to hold me down! 4 years of friendship & counting

I also have brothas, whom have been there for me in times of need & they don't judge my Samantha Jones period, they have actually encouraged it, but always tell me to take it easy- they do keep it real /w me:

This guy has been with me since birth & he still lives in my heart:
He comes to me in my dreams & tells me, you will be ok, this to shall pass, just be patient!

Although I have no picture of this dude, he has been my friend for 28 years; he has been in & out of my life for almost 30 years & he has seen all my trials & tribulations & he continues to cheer me on: 

Aaron Williams, he was so sad for me when my brother passed away, he lived with us briefly & knew my brother very well. He also was there before I had kids & was very upset when their father decided to leave us. I miss you Aaron & hope you are doing well, & will check on you soon.

This kid has been along for the ride to, for 28 years. We use to hit the clubs heavy when we were kid less & care free:
Every time we talk, he's like "Twig, Twig, I am so proud of you", & although I have never told you, Ez, it means allot to me; & when you say it, it makes me feel like I can do anything I put my mind to- thanks brotha

My god-daughters & their parents have been here for me since 2001:
Eric, Monique, Mecca & Micah
Monique still thinks I have an amazing story to tell & wants to manage my biography- Love her


This guy was there when I was married & when I was getting my divorce: 
Ron: in some way you gave me back my confidence- you always remind me that I am who I am & that is my true beauty, I don't apologize for who I am! Thanks Ron: 4 years of friendship & counting

This guy was one of my preceptors back in 2004, it is because of him that I know my heart blocks; he continues to teach me how to be a better nurse & is now teaching me how to express my energy into positive ways- love you Gilbert!
& Yes he disapproves of my Samantha Jones period- he believes I'm a better person & have more positive things to do! 8 years of friendship & counting

This guy has only been in my life 1.5 years & he has become my conscious: Barry
He wants me to get over 1 person in particular- I'm working on it brotha- & I appreciate the fact that you don't judge my actions & know that I am genuinely a good person.

So you see, I have plenty to be grateful for- I am truly blessed! I have a beautiful family & wonderful friends, whom have my back & believe in me, when I don't believe in myself! I love them so much & am blessed to have them in my life!

Quote of the day:











































No comments:

Post a Comment