Monday, July 23, 2012

Good Off Days

Good morning fellow bloggers!

I have been picking up extra shifts @ both jobs- needless to say, this has cut my days off in half. But, I'm not the one to complain, I am grateful & blessed to have 2 jobs that allow me the opportunity to work extra hours; I have seen my own family struggling to even obtain one job!
I have put sleep off & have decided that I am not going to sleep on my limited days off. So, this week I only had one day off & me & the sis handled some business, then did what we do best: shop for bargains, then discovered a little Thailand Cuisine spot in East Hanover, NJ. I also discovered an African American owned consignment store near my complex & it has become one of my favorite spots.
Please enjoy my leisure time:
Chicken dumplings, shrimp toast, & pineapple fried rice:


water & ginger ale:


Mango /w sticky rice & coconut sauce:


The sis & me spending quality time on our only day off, this wk:


The ambiance of the restaurant was convincing:


I bowed to Buddha


My 4LW brothas & me, enjoying a well earned BF after a torturous 13 hr shift:


An image I meditate to, & my goal for this weekend, when I'm finally off!


Why I tell myself that it's all worth it! My patients make my nursing job lovable!
Thanks


I have not had a chance to find some quotes, but I have a great one that I borrowed from Ciel, a CTS RN from SBMC, who was celebrating her birthday on the unit last week:

Live a little & laugh allot!

Another quote was shared with me- Family, as crazy as it may be, is the most important thing in the world & sometimes they are not blood relatives.

No comments:

Post a Comment