Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Catching up with extended family

Good afternoon fellow bloggers!

I am so excited to share my latest adventures with everybody! As you all know, after a long 9 night week, I have been in GA /w my extended family. I have cousins in Athens, GA & Charlotte, NC. I have been blessed to be able to spend time with my people. When I was married I had lost myself in my marriage & kept weak communications with my peeps, but they never held it against me- thank God!
I have been here since Friday night & I am happy to report that I am enjoying every minute of my stay /w my cousins! I enjoy being around my little cousins, they remind me of my kids when they were little, all the different personalities & entertainment they have provided me with has made my heart & soul smile, & the lord knows I needed that! I just wish I could of bought my brats with me to enjoy all the fun- next time brats!
Please enjoy my memories, which I'll treasure until we (my family come back to GA):

My Mami & me @ ATL airport!


Good Morning Athens, GA- on my daily jog!


Half a mile in my daily jog!


I'm so proud of my lil cousin Vannie! he makes his big cousin proud!


This boy is going places! yay Vanny (take notes Shami)


My lil Mami, enjoying the company of our family (& finally looking nice)


The latest addition to my cousin Janette's family!
I call him chewie/DM (diabetes mellitus) my aunt feeds him everything!


My Aunt shared this picture /w me & it bought tears too my face :-(
It's a pix of my beloved brother whom I lost to AIDS in 1995
I miss him soooo much, wish he was here to share all my new adventures.


My crazy ass Dominican cousin, Alexandra & my Mami in Charlotte, NC


My lil cousin Kimberly & her new baby, sitting next to my favorite Aunt & Chewie


My other crazy cousin, Rosa & her step-daughter 


Good Morning Charlotte, NC, half way on my jog- early AM


@ the end of my jog in Charlotte


My cousin Mayra had breakfast for me, when I came back from my jog!
Love her- she was so attentive to our needs & so hospitable!


My lil chewie getting DM!


My Aunt & Mami paying respects to my great Aunt!


My oldest son Chris, with his GF Lorraine!


Enjoying the day @ the Aquarium /w my oldest son & his GF


Stiff just like his dad!


Finally a half ass smile!


Lorraine really enjoyed our outing


A beluga whale- so majestic & mesmerizing!


You know me, always looking for quotes!- loved this one!


Dinner /w Chris & Lorraine!


Finally a semi-full smile from my oldest son!


It has been really good for me to spend time with my family. I have especially appreciated the time I spent with my son. He served in the Marines for a short stint & has never been the same since- he worries me, but I know he will be okay. Love you Dale! he will be spending more time with me again this weekend- I hope to get a real full smile out of him before I head back NE to NJ!

Thoughts:
 As I navigate my life by myself, I feel my strength rebuilding & my confidence slowly rising, being around my family has reminded me that I possess the tools to succeed on my own. And as I miss my kids, I know for a fact that they are my fuel & my rock! It was meant to be- for me to be alone for now- I have to prove to myself that I have what it takes to succeed! I always knew- But, I also know that when I am in love, I always put that person first & this is why I have to be on my own! Although I do miss my best friend; I hope to find somebody trust worthy, whom I can confide in again.

Quote:


No comments:

Post a Comment