Saturday, March 3, 2012

My take on love

Hello fellow bloggers!
How are we? Anyway, I'm off for 2 nights after a long week, & before a long week ahead.                                                                                                              So in between jobs, I have been psychoanalyzing my belief of love?!?!? I really need to go back to school to pre-occupy my mind with more important things! SMH, anyway I have been torturing myself, by watching a whole bunch of "chick flicks"; after watching them I try to psychoanalyze what love means to me. I have been blessed to be in love twice in my life time, hopefully the third time will be the real thing. There are different kinds of love & I have been honored & can honestly say I have been blessed to know what a love for a child is, in my case children, love for a best friend, in my case a couple of best friends, & the love for a spouse, in my case 2,  the father of my children & my ex-husband, & I can't forget to mention the love of a pet, in my case - there were 3. I've learned from all my loves, & I hope my next love will be eternal & genuine.
I know as human beings we have a longing to be loved & love. I have discussed this @ length with my sistas @ HUMC & a couple of my brothers @ SBMC & I have learned that men & women love differently. Women, we love with our hearts, on the other hand, most men love with their body parts. And time is what can either break the relationship or make it stronger. I was having this conversation with a young man, & he mentioned that maybe this is the case, but some men fall in love with their hearts in time & others look for the one who brings that out of them. I thought this was interesting, I thought about my situation & believe this is what happened to my relationship- but jeez 13 years? He reminded me that there are marriages that fall apart after 20, 30 & sometimes 40 years (although rarely). So he encouraged me to keep optimistic about me finding true love, he reminded me that I have a beautiful soul & a not so bad exterior, LOL. Thanks Irv for your kind words & your wife is lucky to have you as her husband. 
As for myself, I think I will continue to rediscover myself & push my limits. I have so much more to accomplish & I can't help but to be optimistic & open myself up to the many experiences I have yet to have. 

Quotes:


And for the negative person in my life:

Everything you have tried to do to me, has only made me stronger- Thank You!

And this one is for the people I love dearly & continue to inspire me to push hard going forward:
And these people are the reason I wake up & push myself like there is no tomorrow! I love them so much- those damn brats! But, they are my deepest love!

No comments:

Post a Comment