Sunday, March 18, 2012

Slowly waking up

Good Afternoon fellow bloggers,

It has been a while since I've blogged, but, as you already know I am always working hard! But, I am slowly discovering that I can also play hard. I have met many wonderful people & found that there are 2 sides to every story, and I am slowly waking up my second side. A couple of my male friends, that I work with are DJs & 1 owns a salsa club in NYC. I have been going to the city allot, lately, & whenever I am there it's like my heart tells me, this is were I belong. I have been to allot of places & always find myself comparing it to the east coast & have found there is no comparison. We (the east coast) have the richest & deepest culture & I have been enjoying every culture it has to offer. From the food to the music, to the people & their traditions.

Enjoying some good Filipino food in NYC with my 3 beautiful daughters:











Enjoying Salsa dancing with my Hispanic Sista in Washington Heights NY:



Gracias Francisco por invitarlos, gosamos, bailamos y pasamos la noche bien contentas!

Enjoying the Irish & Filipino culture @ a BBQ with my Filipino Sista in Pompton Lakes NJ:



And finally coming home to the loves of my life:


P.S. Shami thinks he is too cool to be featured in my blog & I still miss my Bebe immensely!

The plan: finish grad school, assist my babies with their education, then move back to the city to fulfill my destiny as a true New Yorker!

Today's Quote:
Poem for today:

Choose-
I choose....
To live by choice, not by chance;
To make changes, not excuses;
To be motivated, not manipulated;
To be useful, not used;
To excel, not compete.
I choose self-esteem, not self pity.
I choose to listen to my inner voice (& honey, it has allot to say!),
not the random opinions of others!
I choose to be me, because it's what makes me BEAUTIFUL!

I am an El Salvadorian princess a descedant of Mayan royalty, with Americana engraved deeply!
I am book smart, street smart, & savy, I refuse to be taken for granted (again)!
I am beautiful inside & out! My children have the best of me in them!
And for that I am eternally grateful to my GOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment