Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Finally feeling my old self!

Good morning bloggers,

I am happy to let you know I am finally feeling like my old self (prior to marriage), of course this gal has learned some hard lessons; but I can proudly say I put it all together by myself! I have managed to do things, I had previously thought, I was incapable of doing. I guess when one is in survival mode you do things & surprise yourself of what you are really able to do! I look back to last year, & alls I can say is, you go girl! My new office is not like my old, but my responsibility is much greater! Managing 17 units, including an ER & PACU- with all the different personalities & dynamics, not to mention all specialty MDs, has been challenging. But my colleagues tell me I make it look easy (I think it's my craziness, that keeps me level headed). I always approach things with humor & I have to say humor is a very powerful healing tool, even when your dealing with hot tempered MDs that want their patients admitted yesterday! They always leave my office laughing or smiling. Thank you God for blessing me with the power of comedy! Let me share my lil office with you:

Not much to look @, but this desk top holds allot of power & moves patients, housekeepers, & even MDs; how you like me now!?!?!? Lol.... And as you can see I have a constant reminder of why I sacrifice sleep every night! My brats keep Mami motivated, & my water bottle helps in that endeavor!

As for trying to keep fit, I try to jog @ least 1 mile a day, & this is what Marley & I encounter on a daily:










And I am also happy to report that everybody has settled into our new home! Shami has even found a lil playmate, which makes me very nervous, because she is a female! Even Marley has found a lil playmate, but as you can see, she thinks she is human & believes dogs are beneath her (that's my fault, she's my little princess)!

Quote for the day:

P.S. To love oneself is the beginning of a life-long romance!

No comments:

Post a Comment