Sunday, September 25, 2016

Women of substance vs. New breed of women

Good morning bloggers,

I know it's been a while, what can I tell you? I have been working very hard. I have made some decisions that will impact my life tremendously. I have been contemplating doing a tour in Dubai, the shortest tour that exists is 3 years. I've been researching it & the numbers make sense, but the time away from my family is delaying my decision. Anyway, that topic is for another entry.

As for my title, women of substance vs. new breed of women, it has come to my attention
 that there exists women that have certain qualities. Those qualities include but are not limited to: integrity, honesty, loyalty, consistency, patience, intelligence, ethics, strength, acceptance, & lord knows a plethora of other qualities that I'm failing to mention. I guess I'm mentioning this because I have allot friends that possess all these qualities & when we get together & discuss my pathetic, non-existent love life, it comes up as a topic. Most of my close friends are successful women in their own right & continue to be successful in their relationships. And although it does require energy & determination to maintain those relationships, it is very possible. When I was married I was able to maintain & didn't mind doing it. I guess when you love somebody it doesn't feel like work or expended energy.

Anyway, back to my title, it seems like, to me, that these qualities are not desired by most men. It has been my experience that men rather have women who want to use them for money, titles or other reasons that I will never understand. This observation has tainted my dating ventures, I have come to the realization that what I seek in a relationship is not what most men seek in a relationship.

Women I know work hard, are loyal, intelligent, independent and consistent! These qualities are very hard to find in a man. And although I believe that women who possess these qualities are a new breed, that belief is wrong. Looking back, these qualities were always around me, & learned from my mom, grandma & other women in my family. So you see,  the women of substance in my life have graced me with these qualities. This woman of substance has evolved with time, I have become more confidant in my ability to do all things. I have become more free with my time, more open minded, & I have learned to take more chances & have faith in myself & my decisions. Being able to do things on my own has given me a level of confidence that is undeniable. I just hope that I pass on these qualities to my daughters & sons & grandchildren.

P.S. I'm currently having technical difficulties & am unable to insert pictures to my entries, so please be patient with me.











No comments:

Post a Comment