Monday, April 9, 2012

My mirror

So, fellow bloggers,

I bought a 5' X 2' mirror about 2 months ago. My son, Shami, says to me, "Mom, you've had this for 2 months & you have not unwrapped it". He made me realize that I was not comfortable seeing myself yet & this is why I had not opened my mirror. I had just been passing it by & avoiding it, it wasn't until last weekend, when I received a call & was obligated to stage an intervention for someone really close to me. It was that act that gave me the confidence to open & unwrap my mirror & I am finally starting to fall in love with the person I see on the other side of that mirror.
I've always known that we are all works in progress & although for the last 40 years I was too busy taking care of my nephew, boyfriend, grandma, mom, children, brother, cousin, husband, dogs & patients- I have never had to take care of myself. I now get therapy, exercise, meditate & do all kinds of things to take care of myself. The close friend I helped said to me, you are always good to other people, you need to be good to yourself consistently. I thought about what this person said to me, & I now make a conscious effort to do something for myself everyday. I also make sure that I look into my mirror everyday & tell myself affirmations that apply specifically to me.
On a lighter note, I continue to meet with my friends & enjoy what the tri-state area has to offer: this time on the border east coast style:

                                                                    Steak fajitas


                                                                 /w rice & beans on the side

                                                                steak burritos /w salad

                                                            fish tacos /w beans

                                                           chicken fajitas

                                                        guacamole /w a twist of lemon

                                 @ this outing I was joined by Jodie, Phil, Joanna, Minh & Sharon

          On Easter Sunday I was the Easter bunny & bought my 4LW crew some much needed chocolates

                 & although it was a 4 hr shift for me I was thanked & compensated with a Haitian dinner:
                                    Black rice, Haitian style ribs & corned dish /w sparkling cider
Thanks Ms. Evie & I know Barry, you wanted me to stay the whole 12 hrs, but honestly I needed to sleep @ night this week to prepare for Dasha's surgery & my Moms chemo! In the midst of my 9 night stretch!

Quote:   You don't need someone to complete you, you just need someone to accept you completely!


- thanks to the SBMC Peds ER RNs for this one; I will see you tonight & figure out more quotes- really starting to love you guys to. Have to incorporate you guys in the blog!

P.S. I am starting to accept myself completely!

No comments:

Post a Comment