Monday, July 22, 2024

My Reconstruction

 Good morning beautiful people!

I’ve been learning how to love myself properly & effectively. I have discovered new love languages in the form of traveling & indulging in food! After my graduation I went all the way around the world to the Philippine islands & went island hopping! Needless to say, moving forward, I only want to discover and explore new places in the manner of going to several places in a short amount of time. 

As for the Philippines, chosen family & me were able to visit & explore 23 islands in 12 days! Food was a central focus on our explorations, there was plenty of fresh seafood on each island & we definitely had our share of lechon @ the different cities we encountered. I learned allot about the Filipino culture & their customs, & realized that their culture & customs are very similar to my own. Their islands & traditions were inspiring & humbling. During our many travels throughout the islands I realized how hard it must have been for my parents to leave their home country to start fresh in the US. How strong she, my mom, was to leave everything she knew as her life & start new in a foreign land while pregnant. It dawned on me that she is the main source of my strength. Sometimes, I forget how strong willed I am & how far I have come, not to mention all the obstacles I’ve overcome & losses I have suffered. My determination is something that I have gained with every loss that I have survived, whether it be a family member or a lover, I will press on with strength & wisdom.

Through therapy & furthering my education I have learned that the only thing I have control over is my reaction. I am also mastering how to control my emotions, which is a big part of my personal growth. Let me just mention that some of the courses that I took in my master’s program allowed me to learn allot about myself & how to manage my emotions, but it also taught me mental tools that I can use throughout my life. Hence, the title for this entry, my reconstruction, I hope to share these tools & lessons with those I love & who struggle with similar issues as myself. This also the reason why I am so transparent & like to share my story with others, because you never know who it might help.

As I leave you, I share my life-long memories with you & wish you well!






































No comments:

Post a Comment